Monday, September 17, 2007

Saturday night's Cubs game


My birthday was back in May and for my birthday my sister bought me a ticket for the Cardinals and Cubs game Saturday evening. The seats were awesome. We were in section 143, row 11. The Cubs won 3 out of 4 games against the Cardinals over the weekend and wouldn't you know that the one loss they had was the game I attended. Oh well, I had a good time and it wasn't a complete wash as I got a foul ball off the bat of Ryan Ludwick in the bottom of the first inning. :) First time ever and it was pretty cool. The ball originally landed about ten or so rows behind us and everyone went nuts, there was a major dog pile. I had stood up and turned around and I saw the pile and figured I wasn't getting the ball. Then the damn thing rolled out from under the pile and bounced right down the steps to me. I just reached down and picked it up and showed it to my sister, while there was still a pile of people fighting for a ball that was no longer there. It was very cool. I ended up giving the ball to my son who was really excited when he found out I had it.

No comments: